At Hercules Road State School we provide the very best of early learning opportunities. Children in our Prep classes experience the joy of learning to read, write and work with numbers to ten. This learning unfolds within a fun, yet structured environment. Children learn routines and develop social skills that lay a positive, solid foundation for learning throughout the years to come.
Enrolling in Prep year at Hercules Road State School is a simple process:
1. Complete enrolment forms (available online or from our front office)
2. Hand these in to the front office. A copy of your child’s birth certificate is also needed …this can be done at the office,.
3. You will receive a letter (mid Term 3) requesting that you make an interview appointment for you and your child. This is an opportunity for you to tell us a little more about your child and his/her needs.
4. Late in Term 4 you will receive a letter with details of your child’s teacher for 2016 and the location of his/her classroom.
In addition to the formal part of the enrolment process you are also invited to:
1. Come along to our Open Morning – Tuesday 27 October:
Ø presentation 8:30 am – 10:00am (2016 Prep students to join prep class).
During this session the Principal will give information about our school, take you on a guided tour and answer any questions that you may have. While parents are at this session, prospective 2016 Prep children are able to join in a range of activities within a Prep classroom.
2. Come along to a Parent Information and Transition Morning – Tuesday 24 November 8:45 – 10:30 am.
This is another opportunity for children to become a familiar with a Prep classroom and some of the activities that they will experience as a Prep student. After settling the children parents are invited to listen to:
Ø Our Speech Pathologist will outline the importance of oral language in the learning process and will provide information about simple things you can do at home to help develop your child’s language. She will also talk about what to do if you have concerns in this area.
Ø One of the teachers from the district Behaviour Support Team will then talk about what you can do to get your child ready to start Prep.
* Child minding for younger siblings will be provided in a room adjacent to the sessions.